The mission of the pastoral Counseling Ministry of Roswell Street Baptist Church is to be a Christian Counseling Ministry to Marietta and beyond, reaching individuals and families in need by providing spiritual encouragement, Godly counsel, practical guidance and relational assistance, ministering to them through the discovery and application of spiritual truths in order that they may live richer and fuller lives.
To make an appointment, call the Church Office at 770.424.9800 or email: GlendaDaniell@RoswellStreet.com.
Eastablished in 2008, the Pastoral Counseling Center is a ministry of Roswell Street Baptist Church.
The Pastoral Counseling Center of RSBC is:
- a Christ-centered or Christian Counseling Ministry that believes a relationship with Jesus Christ is the key to finding and living a joyful and meaningful life.
- a biblically-based ministry that seeks through counsel to explore the truth of God?s word and help others discover the life-changing meaning found in the theology and practice of scriptural principles in daily living.
- a pastoral ministry that is both spiritual and practical in nature, helping people find wellness through addressing issues related to the whole person including the mind, emotions, body, and soul.
- a discipleship based ministry that exists to grow and encourage healthy relationships with God and others.
If you or someone you know is in need and has a desire to work toward a full, strong and meaningful life, Christian counseling can be of significant help. Because of the spiritually-based philosophy, Christian counseling encourages us to focus on the whole person which includes our mind, body, and soul.
In most cases, people can work out life’s smaller problems, but there are times in our fast-paced, stress-filled lives, that help is needed to cope, evaluate, or make decisions regarding the challenges that face us.
If you or someone you know is struggling with one of the following mental, relational, behavioral, or emotional issues, consider help from a Christian counselor.
- Drug or alcohol abuse
- Life transition issues
- Spiritual growth
- Child/Adolescent issues
- Elder Care
- Relational issues
- Marital concerns
- Behavior struggles
- Grief and Loss
The Pastoral Counseling Center of RSBC Director – Dr. Scott New
Dr. Scott New has been an active duty Army Chaplain for close to 30 years. He directed a Christian Counseling Center in Columbus, GA, from 2002-2007 before becoming the RSBC Counseling Center Director in 2008. Dr. New earned his Doctor of Ministry degree in marriage and family from Eastern Baptist Theological Seminary in Philadelphia, PA, in 2005. He earned his Master of Arts degree in marriage and family counseling from California Family Study Center in Burbank, CA, in 1987. He earned a Master of Divinity degree from Eastern Baptist Theological Seminary in 1973.
Pre-Marital Coaching & Marital Coaching
Marriage coaching is provided free to our local community by For One Another and Roswell Street.
Why free? For One Another and Roswell Street believe that strong families are the foundation of strong communities. Our hope is that every couple would experience a marriage that is full of mutual love and that every child would grow up in a stable and home with both parents.
For One Another marriage coaching sessions are offered on Wednesday evenings at 6:00pm based on Robin and Claire?s availability. Sessions must be scheduled in advance.
Make an appointment (note: build internal link to signup)
What is Marriage Coaching?
Marriage coaching helps couples accomplish relationship outcomes that both spouses desire to achieve. Marriage coaches are skilled partners who help couples learn new skills, put plans into action, and experience success.
For One Another marriage coaching provides the following services:
- Wisdom regarding practices that foster strong marriages.
- Guidance to help couples identify specific, observable, and achievable goals.
- Structure to help couples accomplish streamlined and focused positive change.
- Action plans that build on existing strengths.
- Application tools to help couples carry out their action plans.
- Accountability and Encouragement.
Who can sign up for Marriage Coaching?
We believe that God designed marriage as a permanent relationship between a man and a woman. As a result, our experience and guidance fall in line with this perspective. We can provide useful perspective and tools to any husband and wife who have a good marriage but find themselves in a stuck place.
Might we need Marriage Counseling instead?
Marriage coaching is short term, goal specific, and action oriented. It is designed to help a couple put their marriage back on track in some specific area of need. Marriage coaching can be a powerful partnering force in these situations:
- Many aspects of your marriage are good.
- A known area of your marriage is hindered, and you need helpful wisdom, tools, and encouragement to work it out.
- You find yourself routinely in conflict over a specific issue.
- You are having trouble putting some marriage goal(s) into action.
- Both partners display a desire to improve and just need some help with what to do.
Marriage counseling is long term and meant to identify root causes for marriages in complex states of crisis. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, counseling is recommended.
- One or both spouses consider the marriage to be in crisis mode.
- One partner has checked out of the marriage in a critical area and shows no desire to work toward solutions.
- One partner has decided to divorce.
- A diagnosed mental health challenge or past trauma is creating continual difficulties in the marriage.
- Domestic violence, abuse, or threats are taking place.
Make a coaching appointment today!
Ready to move your marriage forward? Contact us today for to schedule a marriage coaching session: ClaireRedick@RoswellStreet.com
Who are Robin and Claire Redick?
Robin and Claire Redick have been married for twenty one years and have two children.
Robin is an ordained marriage and family development minister and certified group facilitator. He holds a Doctorate of ministry (DMin), a Masters of Ministry (MDiv) and a Masters of Business Administration (MBA). Claire has an Masters of Arts (MA) and supports Roswell Street Church's teenage and family ministries.
Robin and Claire regularly lead community workshops for marriage, parenting, and dating. Common marriage topics include communicating effectively, connecting emotionally, developing achievable goals, partnering toward dreams, enhancing sexual intimacy, building trust, and addressing hurts.
We love to share God's Word in connective and life transforming ways and are grateful for opportunities to exercise our gifts to the advancement of marriage and family.