Ron Daniels, Upward League Director
RonDaniels@RoswellStreet.com | 770.424.9836
Upward League Information
We offer Basketball and Cheerleading to children Kindergarten through eighth grade. Our Upward Sports season occurs annually from October-February. With Upward, EVERY CHILD PLAYS, EVERY CHILD LEARNS, AND EVERY CHILD IS A WINNER.
- a personal relationship with the one true God through Jesus, His Son (John 3:16, John 14:6, Romans 10:9,10)
- personal character with respect, honor, and integrity
- self-esteem in every child;a sense of personal value from a biblical world view
- a knowledge of the fundamentals of basketball
- an understanding and enjoyment of the sport
- sportsmanship and a respect for authority in any situation, on and off the court
Our desire is to provide a positive sports experience for every child! To do that we:
- Create a fun and competitive sports environment
- Teach sport fundamentals
- Teach life lessons from the Bible during practice huddles
- Recruit coaches who are focused on having fun, developing skills and building character
Our Commitment is to share the love of Jesus Christ with each player, coach, referee, volunteer, and family member that participates in our Upward Sports Ministry.
Upward Basketball & Cheerleading
Register Online at https://registration.upward.org/UPW70995
Sign up to volunteer at https://registration.upward.org/UPW70995/volunteer
Cost per child for basketball is $125; after October 27th, the cost is $145
Early registration cost per child for cheerleading is $125; after October 27th, the cost is $145
Deadline for registration is November 1st.
EVALUATIONS AND ORIENTATIONS:
Basketball participants must attend one basketball evaluation. They will take place at Roswell Street Baptist Church (Gym/Bldg G) as follows:
K-8th Boys and Girls
-Tuesday, October 20th, between 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
-Thursday, October 22nd, between 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
-Saturday, October 24th, between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
-Tuesday, October 27th, between 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
First Practice – Monday, November 2, 2020 (one practice per week)
First Game – Saturday, December 5, 2020 (one game per week | 8 games minimum)
Last Game – Saturday, February 6, 2021
Awards Celebration – Sunday, February 7 , 2021
Tournament – Saturday, February 13 , 2021 (Full Court Teams Only)
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Ron Daniels – email@example.com