Upward Basketball & Cheerleading
Participant Registration: https://registration.upward.org/UPW82655
Volunteer Application: https://registration.upward.org/UPW82655/volunteer
The registration cost is $125 per child. Scholarships are available upon request.
Deadline for registration is 10/22/2022.
Evaluation and Orientation:
Basketball participants must attend one basketball evaluation. They will take place at Roswell Street Baptist Church, Building G (Gym), as follows:
All Girls AND K-3rd Boys
-Tuesday, October 18th, between 5-7pm
-Thursday, October 20th, between 5-7pm
-Saturday, October 22nd, between 9am-12pm
4th– 8th Boys
-Saturday, October 22th, between 1-2pm (Game Play Evaluation)
Who Do I Contact?
Ron Daniels, League Director
Ron Daniels, Upward League Director
Upward League Information
We offer Basketball and Cheerleading to children Kindergarten through eighth grade. Our Upward Sports season occurs annually from October-February. With Upward, EVERY CHILD PLAYS, EVERY CHILD LEARNS, AND EVERY CHILD IS A WINNER.
- a personal relationship with the one true God through Jesus, His Son (John 3:16, John 14:6, Romans 10:9,10)
- personal character with respect, honor, and integrity
- self-esteem in every child;a sense of personal value from a biblical world view
- a knowledge of the fundamentals of basketball
- an understanding and enjoyment of the sport
- sportsmanship and a respect for authority in any situation, on and off the court
Our desire is to provide a positive sports experience for every child! To do that we:
- Create a fun and competitive sports environment
- Teach sport fundamentals
- Teach life lessons from the Bible during practice huddles
- Recruit coaches who are focused on having fun, developing skills and building character
Our Commitment is to share the love of Jesus Christ with each player, coach, referee, volunteer, and family member that participates in our Upward Sports Ministry.