Pastor Search Committee Nominations
The Advisory Council would appreciate your nominations for a person or persons to serve on the Pastor Search Committee. Article VI, Section 2 of the RSBC bylaws sets forth that upon a Senior Pastoral vacancy, a Pastor Search Committee shall be recommended by the Advisory Council, and elected by the Church.
The Pastor Search Committee shall be comprised of seven (7) to nine (9) active members in good standing. Article II, Section 3 of RSBC bylaws describe “active member in good standing” as a church member which strives to:
- Attend its regular meetings.
- Cultivate personal holiness and family devotion.
- Sustain the public worship of the Almighty God through the ordinances of the Church
- Contribute a tithe to the necessary expenditures of the Church.
- Spread the Gospel to all nations.
- Give relief to the poor.
- Watch over and counsel one another in the spirit of brotherly love.
- Grow the whole body in Christian knowledge and holiness.
- Govern all actions, conversations, and hearts by the precepts of God.
In addition to these qualifications, the Advisory Council seeks nominations of such active church members in good standing who are expected to be :
- Committed to prayerfully seeking the mind of Christ as to the calling of a Senior Pastor
- Willing to attend a minimum of weekly meetings
- Willing and able to travel as needed to meet with potential candidates
- Able to maintain good record of conversations, interviews etc. related to potential candidates
- Surrendered to stand fast in one Spirit, with one mind, striving together for the faith of the Gospel (Philippians 1:27)
While there are certainly otherwise-qualified persons in these positions; in order to avoid any appearance of direct conflict of interest, the Advisory Council will not accept nominations of persons who are currently full-time paid employees of RSBC.
Click the following link to submit nominations. This portal will be open between Sunday, October 2 – Sunday, October 16: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=92ddvAMITU62jkig3PmW42rAP8vdQP5MiVn84hUxkhRUMDNQVVoyMjBNN0VOQVNFMExPN0RZRVNWTi4u