Dear Roswell Street Family,
Thank you for allowing me to take a few minutes to share several updates as we navigate into a ‘New Normal’ through the coronavirus pandemic:
Ministry this Week – God is on the move in many mighty ways!
- Life-Groups – over 70% of Life Groups are now meeting online or outdoors. We anticipate continuing this pattern until the month of August. Hope, support and community are all experienced when people invest in a Life Group. To connect with a Life group, email email@example.com.
- Storehouse Food Pantry – hundreds of food boxes are being distributed to the community from our front parking lot; each food box will feed an entire family. As we distribute food boxes, one of our team members prays for and shares the Gospel with those receiving food.
- Gift Bags ‘Caring for our Heroes’ – Liliana and I delivered 115 bags to the respiratory unit at Kenenstone Hospital! These were appreciated by the many who received them. It is an honor to bless our heroes who are demonstrating courage in the face of epic challenges.
- Celebrating the Class of 2020 – many graduates are being celebrated both in our church family and in the Walton Apartment communities through our Mission Marietta outreach.
New Sermon Series – This Sunday, May 31, begins a new message series: “GOOD NEWS – Encouragement for a World in Crisis” from the book of Romans. Our RSBC Bible Reading Plan will be reading daily from the book of Romans. Join us by clicking this link HERE Are you ready for some ‘Good News?’
Responses to our Church Member Check-ins – Thank you for sharing your responses to last week’s assessment. The results indicate the following:
- 37% will return to worship in the next few weeks
- 37% will wait additional weeks before returning on-campus
- 21% indicated it may be quite a while before they return
- 5% were unsure
You BELONG at Roswell Street – no matter if you worship Online or On-Campus! Your safety and wellness are very important to me as your pastor, so please feel freedom to make your own decisions regarding your worship preference. Our church family is a “No Condemnation Zone!”
Navigating a ‘New Normal’ – What will this look like in the upcoming months?
- Online Worship – will be fully engaging for at-home members as we offer text-in prayer request opportunities and other sharing opportunities. These experiences will be shared in ‘real-time’ as we worship together.
- On-Campus Worship – will be fully engaging as well for all who choose to attend. We will continue to respect one another by following safety protocols of 6’ of distancing, wearing facemasks, temp checks, and hand-washing.
If you are not feeling well, please worship online. If you fall into the ‘vulnerable population,’ please plan to worship online.
I’m praying for you!
Pastor Michael Lewis
View 10:30am service:
NOTE: Thank you so much giving generously during this financially challenging season! You can give online HERE or mail your gift to the church office. Thank you!